For customer service or technical support, you can email us at email@example.com or call us at (858) 455-9818.
If you have the older version of Ultimate Phonics (Version 1), you can get support here.
Here are answers to the most common Ultimate Phonics support questions:
Computer Requirements for Ultimate Phonics
Ultimate Phonics runs on Windows and Macintosh computers.
- Windows 7, Vista, and XP
- Macintosh OS X 10.4 and higher
Installing Ultimate Phonics
For Windows users, your downloaded file is a setup file. Just double click the downloaded setup file and follow the instructions.
For Macintosh users, your downloaded file is a dmg file. Just double click the downloaded dmg file and then drag the Ultimate Phonics icon into the Application folder icon. Then drag the Ultimate Phonics icon from your Applications folder into your dock if you wish.
Ultimate Phonics License Information
Number of computers per license
There is no limit on the number of computers you can download Ultimate Phonics on to. However, if you buy one license you should only be actively using the program on one of the computers at a time.
For example, your students could be running Ultimate Phonics on one computer in the morning and a different computer in the afternoon, but they shouldn't be running the program on both computers at the same time (unless you have two licenses).
The number of licenses you purchase should equal the number of computers that will be actively running Ultimate Phonics at the same time. For flexibility, you can run the program on different computers at different times.
No limit on downloads
There is no limit on the number of times you can visit the Ultimate Phonics download page and download the program. If you get a new computer, you can simply download the program again onto the new computer and use your same license.
No limit on number of students
There is no limit on the number of students.
No renewal or upgrade fees
There is no expiration on the license, so it is a one time cost with no annual renewal fee. All future upgrades will be free.
How to Download Ultimate Phonics
There are two ways to download the Ultimate Phonics program:
Is Internet Access Required?
The Ultimate Phonics program does not require the internet to run. We only use the internet as a delivery system.
If you have a computer without internet access you can still use the program by following these steps:
- Go to any computer with internet access.
- Download the program onto that computer. The program will download as one big file: Ultimate-Phonics-Setup.exe.
- Copy the Ultimate Phonics Setup file to a CD or USB flash drive and take it to the other computer without internet access.
- Copy the file onto the other computer, run the setup program to install Ultimate Phonics, and then run the installed program.
Is There a CD or DVD Version?
Ultimate Phonics is not offered on a CD or DVD. The program is downloaded from our website and installed on your computer. See the above support sections on license, download, and internet for more details.
For information on placing purchase orders, see our Purchase Orders page.
Macintosh Lion Installation
When installing Ultimate Phonics on a Macintosh running the Lion operating system (OS X 10.7), you may get this error when first running the program:
"An error occurred while loading the application preferences: unable to create shared data folder "/Library/Application Support/Ultimate Phonics/2.0" (can't create that directory)"
To fix this error, we need to change the administrator privilege for the system /Library/Application Support folder from Read Only to Read & Write. This allows Ultimate Phonics to create a folder for itself in the /Library/Application Support folder.
Here are the details:
- Go into Finder. In the Finder menu at the top of your screen, click Go > Computer.
- In the Finder window that opens, click Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support. This this is the system /Library/Application Support folder.
- With the /Library/Application Support folder selected in the Finder window, click File > Get Info in the Finder menu at the top of your screen.
- In the Application Support Info window that opens, look at the Sharing & Permissions section at the bottom. We want the admin privilege to be Read & Write, not Read only.
- To change the admin privilege, you may need to click the lock in the lower right of the window and enter your computer password to allow you to make changes.
- After the admin privilege is set to Read & Write you can close the Application Support Info and try running Ultimate Phonics.